We offer chemical peel treatment in low cost at Cosmo Hair.
For those who don’t know, chemical peel is a cosmetic procedure for improving the appearance of facial, neck, and hands skin.
Chemical Peel Procedure
We apply a chemical solution on the skin which results in the skin to exfoliate and then eventually peel off. After some time, the new skin grows which is smoother and less wrinkled thus giving you fresh looks.
Types of chemical peel
Superficial or lunchtime peel
The procedure is done to penetrate and gently exfoliate only the outer layer of the skin. It’s generally used to treat mild skin discoloration or rough skin. Some people also consider it to refresh the skin on their face, hands, or neck.
The procedure is used to penetrate and exfoliate the outer and the middle layers of the skin. It’s used to remove age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, freckles or for treating precancerous skin growths like actinic keratosis.
In deep peel, we deeply penetrate and exfoliate the middle layer of skin for removing damaged skin cells. Skin disorders like moderate lines, age spots, freckles, and shallow scars are treated using it.
When should you consider chemical peeling?
The treatment procedure is done to treat the following disorders:
- Fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Age spots, freckles, and dark patches due to pregnancy
- Acne and mild scars on skin
Some people also undergo the procedure to improve the look and feel of their skin and look young.
When should you avoid chemical peel?
Chemical peel is not for everyone. For example, the procedure isn’t effective on dark-skin or if you have infections, a skin disease, broken skin, sunburn, or active Herpes simplex 1 sores.
Also, we would not recommend the procedure to patients who’re pregnant or have used prescribed skin care products, products containing ascorbic acid, bleaching agents, or other acid-based products on their skin in last two days.
What else should you consider before undergoing chemical peel?
Let your dermatologist thoroughly examine your skin before you choose the chemical procedure. This will reduce the chances of growing any complications.
Is chemical peel painful?
No, they’re not.
Although, you might experience stinging, redness, irritation, and crusting on the skin in the beginning. This is why doctors suggest creams and gels to reduce the stinging on your skin.
What to do after a chemical peel?
Depending on the type of chemical peel, you’ll need to follow the necessary precautions.
- Superficial peel will need 1-7 days to heal. The skin will be red initially. Apply regular lotion or cream to keep it safe. Also, use sunscreen daily.
- Medium peel will heal in 7-14 days. Initially, the skin will be red and swollen (especially in first 48 hours).
For better results, soak your skin daily for a specific time period, followed by an ointment application. Also, avoid direct exposure to sun.
- Deep peel will need 14-21 days for healing and treated area will be bandaged. Soak your skin daily 4-6 times for best results.
It’s also necessary to have antiviral medical to prevent infections. Several follow-up meetings are also needed to track progress.
For more details or booking an appointment, contact us.
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Chemical Peeling cost in Chandigarh depends on the area to be treated.